Artisan Tea Tasting Experience
Hosted by the resident Tea Master, this experience begins with a brief talk that takes you through the legendary journey of Tea starting from the year 1860 to present. Touching on the various types of Teas grown in Sri Lanka and a brief explanation on how each tea is produced, you’ll have enough information to feel like a tea-pro!
Next up is the most anticipated element of the experience, the Tea Tasting. Your host invites you to select up to 12 different types of Teas that include artisanally crafted blends such as Chilli Chocolate to very rare teas such as White Tea Stars that are priced over USD 1000 per Kg.
Your host will guide you on how much of tea to use per serving, the time required to brew and how to strain your tea’s perfectly onto the tasting bowl. Once prepared, all you have to do is let them cool down and…sip away!
After the tasting, sit back and enjoy the “high-tea” styled bites that include savory and sweet snacks and of course, unlimited Tea.
This is a Tea Experience like no other.
About The Venue
This event is conducted at TEAELI’s all-new experience center, The Bayleaf Wine & Tea Room. Housed in a grand 100 year colonial mansion, it features the country’s first Tea Wall & walk in Wine Coolers set in the same room. Cozy, tasteful and elegant! It’s the perfect setting for memorable experiences.
This Experience Includes
– Educational talk on History, manufacturing process and various types of Ceylon Tea
– Guided Tea Tasting session that includes tasting up to 12 different types of Teas
– 3 high-tea styled food items and unlimited freshly brewed Tea per person.
– Quick Notes
duration: 1 to 1.5 hours
timings: 11a.m to 6 p.m
good for children? May not be ideal for small children.
private or not? This is a private experience.
Groups of 2 (minimum) – starting from USD $38 per person
Groups of 4 to 10 – starting from USD $35 per person
Groups over 10 – starting from USD $30 per person
– Select 5 high-tea food items for an additional USD $3 per head or 7 high-tea items for USD $5 per head.
– Add a visit to the Colombo Tea Auctions, the meeting point of buyers and sellers for Pure Ceylon Tea to complete your Colombo Tea Tour for an additional USD $20 per head (includes auction visit permit.
* This experience can be conducted at a different venue such as a hotel or restaurant. Speak to our consultants for details and rates.
Reservations have to be made at least 7 days in advance with full payment at the time of reservation.
Cancellation Policy – changes made less than 7 days prior to event will be charged 50% of the total. Cancellation or no show will not be entitled to refund.
Terms & Conditions
– Above rates are published as standard and are fixed.
– Above rates are only applicable for Tea Tastings held within the Bayleaf Wine & Tea Room.
– Payment for the experience cannot be made on-site and have to be made prior to the event in accordance with our reservations policy.
About Your Host
Dushyantha De Silva is the founder of Sri Lanka’s first and finest artisan Tea brand, TEAELI.
From having served his Teas to the Royals of the United Kingdom to the many magazines that have featured him, Dushyantha is a contemporary Tea expert carrying a vast amount of knowledge of Tea and is a forerunner in creating a new dimension for the industry in the 21st century.
His passion is to travel the different Tea growing regions of Sri Lanka and the World and collects unique Teas in a collection called THE TEA MASTER’S SERIES. More details about this collection can be obtained at www.teaeli.com